Saturday, June 11, 2011

God's Plans > My plans






Summer is finally here but it's fading fast. I am enjoying every minute of it, but in the back of my mind I keep thinking, it's going to be gone before I know it. That is one of my many problems, anticipating the future. No matter what's going on and how much fun I'm having, I can't help but think.. That eventually, whatever it is that is making me happy or entertaining me.. Is going to end. Now I'll be the first to say you shouldn't think like that; you should enjoy the wonderful moments in life while they last. Usually I am a generally positive person, but this is just one negative quality that I can't seem to shake.

But just as I am typing this, God reminded me that His power, grace and love will never ever end. And shouldn't that be enough for me to be content? Besides, God is in control of my future anyways. I had planned on just rambling about my thoughts in this post [Because I've had plenty of spare time to think here lately] but instead, God literally reminded me write in the middle of blogging about His everlasting love, and the eternal life He has given me through the resurrection of His son.

You can't tell me there's not a God when I witness Him doing amazing things in my life and the lives of others all the time. Just simple things like Him speaking to me while I'm writing a blog post show me what an amazing God He is.

I guess I don't really have anything else to say except that I am thankful that God can interrupt my negative thoughts and worries with His wonderful love. And as far as anticipating the future goes, I'm going to try to break that bad habit, because God is in control. Jeremiah 29:11 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment