Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Two down, two to go

After Thursday afternoon, I will have completed my sophomore year of high school. Which means? I'm halfway through high school. I'm going to get my license after summer. I'm about to have to make a lot of decisions that will affect me the rest of my life.

Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited about summer break, it's going to be awesome. But just thinking about how fast the past two years have gone by makes me want time to slow down a little bit. Two years from now, I'll be a few days away from graduating. A few days away from saying goodbye to everything I've been used to. A few days away from one of the most exciting, yet depressing experiences of my life.

Okay, so maybe I'm making it sound worse than it is. All I'm saying is that it's crazy how fast time flies. I remember being in elementary school, thinking it would be forever before I would graduate or even be in high school, and now here I am, with two years to go.

Why does graduating intimidate me? For one thing, the whole never seeing some of your friends again thing is pretty sad. But I have no doubt that as awesome as my friends are, we'll stay in touch, The worst part I think will be all the decision making. There's so many different things I'd like to do with my life, and I'm going to have to choose. Plus I'm going to have to go to college and I can only imagine that it's far worse than high school, which personally I don't think is a piece of cake.

For now instead of thinking about all this, I guess I better enjoy my time while it lasts. I have faith that God will lead me on the right path and help me make the right decisions when it comes down to it. At least I'm not a senior now, or I would be freaking out right about now!

Best Wishes and Congrats to any seniors that may or may not be reading this.. And for the rest of us, let's make the next couple of years the best we've ever had. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment