Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Blessed days of confusion

Have you ever had one of those days where something just doesn't feel right? Like you feel stressed for no particular reason at all? Well, today was one of those days for me. So not knowing what else to do, I turned to God and began to pray, not really knowing what to pray for.

I prayed on and off througout the day. A couple hours ago, I went to a local restaurant. And without looking around the place, I began to pray for others there, hoping that they had or would come to know the Lord.

Then in the middle of my prayer, I looked forward and saw a group of six men sitting around a table that appeared to be in deep conversation. I noticed that one had a cross on the back of his shirt, and as I looked even closer, I realized one of the men had been my minister on my Chrysalis weekend a couple months ago. My dad went on to inform me that this group of men were a "reunion group", which is kind of like a bible study group.

This might not seem significant to you at all, but to me it just reminded me that God is always with us. Even distant I feel from Him, He is there for me still. It was so encouraging to see that as I prayed for the people around me, that some of those people in that place were following the Lord as well.

I love experiences like this that just prove to me there has to be a God. It is truly amazing how God works, especially when I needed a little something to lift my spirits.

Never forget that God is everywhere, and always there when you need Him. And maybe, if you just take a little time and pay attention to what is around you, you will be blessed just as I was today:)

No comments:

Post a Comment